Edge Capital is hiring a Summer Analyst for 2021 to support the search for an acquisition opportunity. This is a unique opportunity to develop the strategy for a new business and play a significant role in sourcing and evaluating acquisition targets. It is rare for interns to have an opportunity to play such a significant role in a deal process, but we are a small firm and require everyone to play a significant role.
As a Summer Analyst, you will:
· Develop a strategy and investor pitch document to support raising capital for the acquisition
· Conduct acquisition target research and diligence
· Build financial models
· Learn from experienced executives and build your professional network
· Work from wherever you want
The role has the potential to continue as a full-year intern or receive a full-time offer to continue in the private equity role or in an operating role within a portfolio company.
About Edge Capital
Edge Capital is a new private equity firm, focused on buying, building, and operating lower middle market businesses in a variety of industries. The firm was founded by Ethan Wingfield, who was previously Chief Marketing Officer at Capital One Financial Corporation. Ethan has an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania and a BA from Brown University.
Candidates must be in an MBA or bachelor’s degree program. Preference will be given to candidates who have:
· Excellent academic performance
· Prior experience in investment banking, venture capital, or private equity
This internship is unpaid, although we will reimburse necessary expenses.
This role is remote—you can work from anywhere.
Start and end dates are flexible, although target start and end dates are June 1 to August 13.
To apply, complete the form below.